Dage Mats Börje Sundholm
Date and place of birth:
22 December, 1957. Munsala, Finland.
M.Sc (Eng.) 1981 (Åbo Akademi),
Ph.D 1985 (University of Helsinki),
Docent in Physical Chemistry 1990 (University of Helsinki).
More than 200 original scientific papers.
Professor of Computational and Theoretical Chemistry,
University of Helsinki, Finland, 2009-.
Research assistant, The Academy of Finland, 1980-1985;
Research assistant, University of Lund, Sweden, 1986-1988;
Laboratory Instructor, Department of Chemistry,
University of Helsinki, Finland, 1988-1990, 1991-1992;
Senior Research Scientist, The Academy of Finland, 1990-1991
Extended research visits abroad:
Swedish Natural Science Research Council, post-doctoral scholarship,
Lund, Sweden, 1986-1988 (24 mo).
Visiting Scientist, Lund, Sweden, 1989 (2 mo).
Visiting Scientist, Århus, Denmark, 1993 (4 mo).
Alexander von Humboldt Fellowship, Karlsruhe, Germany, 1994-1995 (19 mo).
Massey University, Albany, New Zealand, 2015 (2 mo).
Alexander von Humboldt Fellowship, LMU Munich, Germany, 2015 (3 mo).
ASLA-Fulbright Research Fellow Grant for Senior Scholars, UC Irvine, USA, 2015 (3 mo).
Main professional interests:
- Development of numerical quantum chemistry methods
- Molecular aromaticity by calculating magnetically induced current densities
- Coupled-cluster and time-dependent density functional studies of electronic
excited states of molecules such
as retinals, green fluorescent proteins, chlorophylls, molecules in artificial
photosynthesis, silicon nanoclusters, porphyrins, gold
containing molecules, organic semiconductor molecules
- Computational studies of cytochrome c oxidase
- Development EMA based methods for computational studies of quantum dots and
- Development of computational ab initio methods for studies of
- Member of The Finnish Academy of Sciences and Letters, 2015
- E.J. Nyström Prize awarded by The Finnish Society of Sciences and
- Member of The Finnish Society of Sciences and Letters
(Societas Scientiarum Fennica), 2009
- Humboldt-Research Fellowship, Alexander von Humboldt Stiftung (1994-1995).
- A stipend by Waldemar von Frenckells Stiftelse, 1991;
- "Det Alfthanska priset 1988", Finska Kemistsamfundet r.f.;